Northern Caledonia Map

Northern Caledonia Map
Northern Caledonia Map from Justinian’s Shore

Friday, June 18, 2021

The Ides of June

I was just reminded that I planned to publish Book II of The Roman Sky series this month. What was I thinking when I posted that ambitious goal in March? 

Without tempting the Fates, I believe Book II might be out before the leaves fall (here) if nothing else unexpected happens to divert my attention, time, and energy.

If I lived on Cillian’s Earth, it would be AA (Anno Augusti) 2007 right now as its years are dated from the death of Augustus Caesar. So, I would still be behind schedule and in the midst of a pandemic as it’s the same year but with a different count.

Book II is set in AA 517, ten months after the battle of Dara in Book I. Sarapion’s Cohort flew north as it was supposed to do, but not as far north as originally ordered. Cillian has rebuilt his tent group from the steady flow of new sagittarii that feed the Airborne legions. But since it is spring, it is time for celebrations, change, and new campaigns. A peaceful year is about to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is Fleeting

Since my last post, I finished my fourth novel of the Roman Sky series, Justinian’s Wall. The series is now set in 6th century Caledonia, wh...