Northern Caledonia Map

Northern Caledonia Map
Northern Caledonia Map from Justinian’s Shore

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

A Belated Victory

It is actually a belated update, five months after latest novel was published. Aside from the aggravation of an old injury, the death of my Mother, all of us here catching Covid, and trying to work on next my novel, there’s no good reason for taking this long to post something and update this blog with my latest work, Empire’s Victory.

Empire’s Victory was published in December, last year. The story was not much different from the outline that I drafted in 2017 although the events in Washington and Ottawa in January 2021 would  appear to have inspired the story rather than the already existing series’ outline and the real history it was based upon. I hoped these current events would not put off readers this novel and so I stuck with the plan: it was a good story that fit well in the series.

I was going to work on Spring of 1813, but after struggling with it during the challenges I noted above, I put it aside. A month later, I began working on Justinian’s Wall, the next book in The Roman Sky series. It took a month to develop the outline down to the chapter level and start writing the story. I completed Chapter One yesterday. The novel should be out this autumn with a fallback of out before the end of the year.

Now that I’ve updated this blog, I will start working on Chapter Two of Justinian’s Wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time is Fleeting

Since my last post, I finished my fourth novel of the Roman Sky series, Justinian’s Wall. The series is now set in 6th century Caledonia, wh...